Thursday, February 26, 2009

IT HAPPENED

I never thought the day would come. I am really not that old. I need to record this for my own future reference as well as my son's. This is officially the first time any of my kids said "Mom, you don't understand my life. You don't know what it is like for me." Oh, the words are common, but this is not a common occurance. He is only 11. I just didn't ever think I would ever be old enough to not understand and I didn't think I would ever be un-cool enough to not know what it is like.....

I wanted to cry and then I wanted to laugh because the time is here and I actually do understand. Sorry mom and dad. I guess you did, too.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

My cousin said it best...parenting is a blood sport. (It's a good thing I have a friendly neighbor to go through it with.)

amyburb said...

Wow. That's all I can say.

Margaret said...

He does seem too young for that comment...usually it was a 13 or 14 year old...if my memory serves me right.

lehiharmers said...

HA! I love that comment, because seriously? seriously? what is so hard? but we all had that moment.