After much discussion and years of reasons not to, we finally took a trip to Disneyland. We didn't want our kids to be the only ones on earth who had never been. We found a great hotel, great places to eat, and enjoyed the park too. The crowds were at a minimum for Disneyland and we walked on to every ride in the park.
Yes this is a lot of pictures but I have a lot of pictures, so keep going. There are more.
I love the look of complete adoration on Seth's face. Seth would like to be a storm trooper, so this really was a moment for him.
Ok, so we all agreed it was a great trip and Paul who is not an amusement park kinda guy felt good about taking his kids. Paul said he would like to hit Disneyland again in 30 years with his grand kids. How about Bali next year instead? As our experience drew to a close, we set off for Seth's birthday dinner with cheesecake promised. As we waited for the shuttle to take us to our car, my son found a prime spot to rest his weary little legs. He sat on the steel rail around the bushes. Next thing I knew he was doing a nearly gymnastic spin move and hit his head on the bar going down with a serious crunch! Paul only heard the sound, but we both knew it was bad. The gushing blood was also a clue. We took off to find something to stop the blood and found a friendly officer of the law. I just wanted a first aid kit, but he got me a some paramedics and several Disney staff members. They did clean things up and mostly stopped the bleeding, but that only made the rest of my kids cry (cause they could see how bad the cut was). We were offered a ride in an ambulance but politely declined. We left Disneyland in our own vehicle (we did get door to door service to our car) and drove to Children's hospital where Seth spent his birthday evening. We were all a little tired, a little hungry, and Seth's feet were wet from stomping in puddles all day. The Children's hospital actually had great service. We got out of the waiting room fast, they had coloring and tv for the kids, and they gave Seth presents for his birthday when it was all done. For the record he got several internal stitches to put the muscle part back together and the glued the outside (I still think it is a little weird). I know they were glad to get rid of me or maybe all mothers are like me. I did get a little miffed after they refused to find me a plastic surgeon to sew Seth up and instead gave me a PA. I have respect for the PA but common, it was a vertical cut that went from his eyebrows all the way up. I don't think I would have questioned a plastic surgeon, but the PA got the business...a little. Wouldn't stitches on the outside help the cut to pull together and heal smaller? Is glue really the best option or do you just want us out of here faster? I am a pain. Well, Seth's cut is now referred to as the Disneyland Destruction by his siblings. They think they are very clever. I don't even blame Disneyland and I guess it was a memorable birthday for Seth.


Thursday, January 29, 2009
The Happiest Place on Earth...or is it?
Posted by Harmers at 6:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sarah,
I cut my finger last year and went to go get stitches but instead they glued me up -- I also thought it was weird, but oh well, I healed :) Sounds like a trip you'll never forget! Hope all is well with you guys!
-Nettina
I'm glad that you and the kids liked Disneyland...did Paul? It's really fun when it's raining and nobody is there, so no lines! I can't believe poor Seth's head. Fun souvenir, huh? I too love the Rainforest Cafe, though the storm usually scares one of my kids. Never had the cool volcano cake though. Yum.
Post a Comment