My daughter has been sleeping on the floor for a time now. This was by her own choice, I promise. She absolutely refused...REFUSED...to sleep in a crib any longer. I know I should have immediately done something to remedy this situation, but somehow I let this problem drag out for quite a while. She is my baby and she wants to move into a big girl bed. I just don't know how I feel about that. Well, I ended up ordering a bed to match Hailee's and she has transitioned into being a big girl in with her big sister. Now the problem is that she won't sleep in said big girl bed even though she has care bear sheets and care bear stuffed animals covered 90% of the bed. She does fall asleep there but for the last two nights Paul and I have been up countless times with the little princess because she wakes up crying. Last night I gave up and took her to her old room and even that would not get her to stop crying. When I had had enough I went to sleep by her on the futon but was too angry to bring a pillow or blanket. Kinda irrational, but I was sleep deprived and grumpy. Lying there cursing my laziness (not willing to get back up to get a pillow or blanket) and lack of sleep and all the crying, I said "Makenna, why are you still crying?" Kenna-"I am sad." Mom-"Well, you are making me sad and dad sad because you won't stop crying." Kenna-"I don't make you sad. I make you happy. I go pee pee on the potty." Ok, now I am not mad. I only feel bad. I am a bad mom. She is a charmer. Yes, she occasionally does pee on the potty and I tell her I am proud of her or some such thing, but who knew the pressure she felt. I guess she has decided that is how she makes me happy. Really she makes me happy just because she is Kenna.
Carebear Bed
She Sleeps...for now
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Parenting Woes
Posted by Harmers at 8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I SO feel your pain.
You're a great mom.
You are NOT a bad mom!! I think a lack of sleep is just par for the whole parenting experience....when we actually get to have a good nights sleep we will be too old & be getting up to go to the bathroom all night!!!
The fact that you even got out of bed and laid down with her is proof enough that you are not a bad mom. Don't you just LOVE the cute things our kids say. It makes it all worth it.
Laura
I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's not fair that they can make us feel so bad with one little comment! I've tried telling my kids that they're making me sad too, but they don't care. They don't care one bit.
Garrett's third year of life is refered to in our house as "THE YEAR OF THE TENT" because he would only sleep in his pop-up tent on the floor. Ben and I gave up on having getting our kids to be good sleepers. It is definitely not my parenting strength.
Good luck with the sleeping!
Rachel liked the carebears on the bed...I hope she doesn't go getting any ideas. I think you are too nice of a mom. I'm pretty mean when it comes to bedtime. Kenna is sweet in that sleeping picture. I love sleeping kid pics. Rebecca
Post a Comment