Monday, October 12, 2009

He Will Run No More



After 4 marathons, Paul has officially retired from marathon running. With a PR of...wait for it...2:58 (chip time) in the St. George marathon, he will run no more (marathons). Paul even announced this to the medic in the medical tent after he passed out at the finish line. He told his friends, he told his family, and I believe he even convinced himself. So you can imagine my utter disbelief when he told me last night that he wanted to run the Mesquite marathon...for no good reason. Truth be told, he is already signed up to run the Boston marathon. We both qualified and just couldn't let that go to waste and it doesn't count since he will call it a training run (for his Iron Man training) So come April 2010 we will be celebrating our anniversary by running a marathon and I thought Paul was retired. You can imagine my reaction then when he tells me he is retiring from triathlon once he does one Iron Man in May. Bah!! I do not believe it. I just smile. Who wants to be married to an old retired guy anyway.

5 comments:

Maurine said...

Oh missy I heard those exact same words come out of your mouth at the finish line of the Salt Lake marathon. Let's see how many have you run since then? And you are planning for the Boston one too. You guys are two of a kind. Too competitive for your own good!

ShelleyG said...

I think it is so great that you guys both run! One of my good friends here in Dgo will be going to Boston with her husband as he qualified just this last week to go. Maybe you can wave to him in the crowd! :) Very cool!

Nicole said...

WOW! Way to go Paul.

Laura said...

Nice job on your time Paul. Give yourself a break.

Amy Price said...

I didn't even know you were running the St. George this year, Paul. Way to go with your time!!!