TYLER-just started intermediate school which means 6 classes, 6 teachers, electives, and band (he signed up in an effort to get his mean mom to let him quit taking piano...not going to happen). He has been so excited every day. He likes the added stress and excitement. Elementary school was just too comfortable.
HAILEE-I don't think she will mind that Kenna is in this picture with her. Hailee is Makenna's hero, her "big dister", and everything else. Makenna needed to be in the picture and Hailee always takes care of what Kenna needs. Hailee is growing up so fast. She is very capable and helpful. Hailee doesn't want to do what everyone else is doing. She tried that last year (gymnastics) and now is going off on her own (karate). I have no idea where she came up with the idea, but she is sure it will be her sport.
SETH- is a first grader. Amazingly enough, he was the hardest one to send off on his first day. I have to admit I shed a tear. All-day school seems like the beginning of the end to me. Now someone else is raising him with me (she'll probably do a better job-she is one of the best teachers in the school) and it just goes downhill from here. He was so excited the first day, but that excitement was tempered a little by "too many recesses and not enough drinks". I think he was just tired after a long day.
MAKENNA- started pre-school today. She only goes for a couple of hours. I think it is enough for her and more than enough for me. Fridays at preschool are gymnastics, so she will be endlessly entertained. Makenna is a detail gal. If I answer her questions concisely, she will say "now tell me the whole story". She means the whole story, leave nothing out, and it better take a long time to tell. If I don't know anymore to the story, she will take over and make up some story.
I already miss them. How many days until summer again?
Monday, August 17, 2009
Back to School
Posted by Harmers at 6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Kenna is so big!! :)
We are having a year of stress w/ Jake getting his license and Kate going into YW and Emma is ready to go to school:)
We miss you guys
I totally know what you mean. Drake turned 12 this summer and is now a deacon! Bowen got baptized a couple weeks ago. Even my "baby" Rex is in 1st grade! Where does the time go?!
What cute kids you have!! (and sorry I had messed up on the previous comment!)
I say we kidnap the kids and go back to Lake Powell. I have been looking through the photos to scrapbook and I sure miss the great life of summer too. Oh well, at least they all like school. That makes it easier for me to send them.
Hey Sarah! I'm glad you have a camera again. I've missed seeing updates of the family. Great pics of Lake Powell and the kids, and how exciting to be getting your back yard in! Jake's elective choices were only band, choir or drama, so he chose band. Playing the trombone. What about Ty? Rebecca
Post a Comment