
I think we have a serious case of the terrible twos. If that is not the case, we are in trouble. She may be possessed or who knows what. There has been no end to the terror she inflicts on our otherwise peaceful household (ok so that is a lie...there isn't much peace, but Kenna is doing more than her share of wreaking havoc). In the last couple of days alone we have had so many incidents I just don't know where to start. I guess this is me venting.
I went to a shoe party at my friends house and she cried the whole time-as in no one could talk and they nearly asked me to leave except I offered to leave before they could do so. She would not let me put her down and when asked afterwards told me that she was scared. Uhhuh! It happened at the doctors too but she may have really been scared there. Who knows!
At Seth's soccer game she pushed every small child there! I am serious. This includes hitting our neighbors little boy on the head and he had open wounds from a dog bite the night before. On a side note, did you know they don't stitch up animal bites so that whatever foul stuff the animal left in the wound can work its way out. After pushing and hitting and promising good behavior countless times, she ended up on my lap for the remainder of the game. I told her she would have to try again the next game.
Yesterday Hailee offered Makenna a snack, pretzels in a bowl. Kind you say, but to Makenna this was the worst offense for some reason. She took a handful of pretzels and chucked them one way, another handful and chucked them the other way, and then took the bowl and threw it as hard as she could at ...me, I think. The bowl shattered. I believe Paul still has a piece of it stuck in his foot trying to work its way out. I guess Hailee won't offer Kenna any more snacks especially not pretzels.
Also yesterday (it was a bad day) the girls decided to make brownies for the boys. Things were going along fine until I turned my back and Makenna dumped the whole can of salt in the brownies. You just can't salvage that, you know. Now, I know this one may not seem intentional. She just wanted to help you say, but after all the other misdeeds I am sure somehow this was her way of sabotaging the brownies. Ha ha now they will suffer!!!
I just can't wait to see what will happen next. I hope we survive.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Terrible Twos
Posted by Harmers at 7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is a sly one that little Kenna :)
Hmmmmm.maybe you guys better find a hotel over Thanksgiving... Just kidding!
Wow. Sometimes it feels like blatant sabatoge from our children, doesn't it?
I have learned that I am too soft, so when I DO say no, all he** breaks lose from my kids because I have been so easy going... not anymore! ok, maybe...
Aren't they so much fun? HA! The joy going around our house lately is biting. Mainly it's the little ones biting each other, but the older ones has joined the fun too. Is this some November phase or something?
Post a Comment