When I was eight I don't think I would have chosen to take on extra school work. Hailee, on the other hand says she loves science and decided to enter the science fair. The idea she and Paul came up with was to determine the effects of different liquids on teeth over time. Hailee did a great job! Her project won first place for the third grade. Hailee's friend took second place.



Since she took first place in her grade, her project went to the regional level. It was a whole day away from school and we got to go out to lunch together. I tried to prep her about this being tougher competition and Hailee said she didn't care about winning. That was until she heard the prizes for the winners were savings bonds. It was a little sad and I guess we will be doing the science fair again next year. Darn!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Science Fair
Posted by Harmers at 12:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
She is so adorable! That is so cute that she and Paul worked on a dental project. I don't think I would have chosen extra work either--good for her!
Congrats Hailee! I want to see your project when I visit next time. I am so proud of you!
Hailee, very impressive project, no wonder you got first place! What did you use as the teeth?
Rebecca, Grace's mom
Very Impressive! Science was fun for me until they start throwing in chemistry equations--ugh! If she begins to apply the "extra work" motto to helping at home, let me know the secret!
Way to go Hailee! We look forward to seeing your project next year.
You are way ahead of us in Page! I have never seen a science fair in any of our schools. What fun! We miss you!
Sarah I found your blog! I saw your comment on Nicole's blog. I was just wondering the other day how you guys were doing. It looks like you're having lots of fun. I'm jealous of the warm right now. Have fun.
Nice job, Hailee. Let me know what not to drink anymore. It's great fun to read your blog and stay up to date with your family. Thanks for heading up the next bradah "cruise". Hopefully we'll see you before then.
Laura
Post a Comment