Boston! We absolutely loved our trip to Boston. It was a great get-a-way (my mom was with the kids in St. George) and great race. We had tons of rain except on race day which was perfect. The taxi driver from the airport told us not to worry about the rain because it would be a "light rain". We had a good laugh about that, but it really wasn't too bad. It was a light rain for days and we didn't mind it. We saw the Red Sox play, went to Salem to learn about the "witches", took a tour on the "Freedom Trail", walked a ton, and did the Boston marathon.
Paul at Paul Revere's house. It is down-town Boston's oldest building (from the late 1600's).
Paul at Paul Revere's grave. Paul not only shares at name with the famous Revere but also shares a profession. Well, I use the term "dentist" in a broad sense, but he did practice some dentistry.
This was a great cemetary from the 1600's. It seemed fitting to see it in the rain. The tombstones were so old and worn. The puritans didn't put anything religious on the tombstones, so it was all skulls and cross-bones. They say about 10,000 people are buried there, some in mass graves (as the city was growing).

Game at Fenway Park
Cheers (I guess this was the inspiration for the tv show)
The race was the best one I have done. We had a chilly morning but sun!! The weather was actually perfect for a mid-day race. Who wants it to be hot when you have to run 26.2 miles. We loved all the spectators-26.2 miles of people cheering for crazy, running strangers, all the racers-26,000 people, and the course. It was so exciting with all those people. We only had one 6-mile hiccup in whole day. We wanted to run the race together (since it is our 15th anniversary) but got split-up due to a port-a-potty incident. We had agreed to meet back up at the next even mile if we got separated, but that is easier said then done. Neither one of us knew who was in front or behind and were not specific enough about where to meet. Paul waited where our watches said the mile and I waited at the time clock. We did this at mile 14, mile 16, and finally at mile 18 by a miracle found each other. I have never been more excited to see anyone in my entire life! It cost us about 15-20 minutes and an extra half mile running but we did finish together!!


We "ran into" the marathon winner at the Nike store and had to get a quick picture with him. He set a new course record in the process. I am in awe!
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Posted by Harmers at 4:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for putting the pictures on! Fun to see your adventure!!
Great picture at the finish. Happy anniversary. I can't believe how young we were when we got married. I may kill my kids if they get married that young.
You two are amazing, running that marathon! I have to cheer for the Red Sox this year because Noah and Jonah's team Scott is coaching is the Red Sox! It is painful.
Wow guys! Looks like a great anniversary trip! I too love the end of race picture...it doesn't even look like you're in pain or anything! I think you should frame it...
Rebecca
Post a Comment