Number 13 proved to be very lucky indeed. We opted for something a little different for this anniversary. Paul and I spent the morning skydiving in Las Vegas, baby. We are alive (that is where the luck comes into play) and actually had a good time. We did a tandem dive with Las Vegas Diving Center. With a tandem dive, you dive with an instructor that has done thousands of dives so somehow that made me feel safe...well, as safe as you can feel jumping out of an airplane several miles from earth. I was the first one out of the plane, and honestly kneeling on the edge of the plane knowing that I was going to be free-falling in a second didn't scare me as much as I thought it would. It was a little bit surreal. No serious fear. Honestly! The free-fall part was incredible with your skin a-flapping and it was over so fast. It was an awesome experience all of you should try at some point. Paul and I will join you. Ok, so I know this isn't either Paul or me but I have no pictures (boo-hoo) and I just thought this would give you the idea. I do have a t-shirt to prove I did it!

6 comments:
What a fun anniversary activity. I can't believe you weren't scared to jump! I am also proud of you for posting...I wanted to be the first to comment on your blog.
You are crazy! No one could pay me enough to skydive. Glad you are alive and had fun!
Love you,
Amy
WWHHAATT? You were in Las Vegas this past weekend? So was I. Although, not skydiving. You are probably the funnest couple I know. Somehow the nice dinner we were planning for our anniversary in a week or so tastes a little bland now.
I can totally picture you in the air, lips a-flappin. Was Paul just being gentlmanly with ladies first, or were you the braver of the two of you? Rebecca
OK, it is official, I am probably not cool enough to be your friend anymore! WOW! Theo and I are coming up on our 13th anniversary on June 16th, and we don't even have any plans! We miss you guys!
WOWZA! Hey Crazy Harmers! Nic gave me your blog and said I had to see what you did for your 13th anniversary as she and I both have our 13th anniversary this summer too! I was thinking of a nice dinner, maybe a show. How FUN of you guys!
Come on over to Durango this summer if you get too hot in St George! Or just come visit us on our blog! hehe It is mybigglife.blogspot.com :) Michelle Gilleland
Post a Comment